Life is good chose the Demandware platform because of its scalability, merchandising tools and reputation for being best-in-class. With Demandware, the brand now has a powerful and flexible platform that can easily scale to enable the realization of the Life is good vision, including achieving online business goals, delivering multichannel initiatives, and supporting its non-profit arm, The Life is good Playmakers.
“Demandware helped us to achieve a best-in-class ecommerce experience, while providing us with a flexible digital backbone that allows us to achieve our vision of blending for-profit and non-profit,” said David Oksman, head of marketing for Life is good. “With Demandware Commerce, we have been able to incorporate our social mission to help kids in need throughout the site, while creating a platform to connect the Life is good community and inspire them to become active fundraisers for the Life is good Playmakers.”
Life is good enhanced its new site with improved social sharing tools, strong visuals, and creative merchandising. One of the most significant new features is the site’s Good Vibes area, which is designed to foster the brand’s community of optimists and allow them to share inspiration by uploading optimistic user generated content.
Lifeisgood.com will also feature a customizable fundraising functionality called Life is good Events, which allow the community to turn the activities they already like to do into fundraisers for The Life is good Playmakers. To date, Life is good has raised $8 million for kids in need.
Life is good selected Demandware’s cloud-based commerce platform because it provides the following capabilities to support its mission:
- A proven, world-class operating environment that enables the Life is good team to focus its energies on realizing the company’s vision rather than managing and supporting costly and cumbersome infrastructure
- A central platform and solutions for developing and managing sites across channels and geographies, including web, mobile and social, enabling a seamless brand experience regardless of channel
- A flexible and comprehensive set of applications that empower all users, including merchants, marketers, developers and administrators, to support the multichannel initiatives of its digital business, non-profit programs and annual fundraising Life is good Festival
- Pre-built integrations that enable the rapid and cost-effective deployment of innovative new technologies
- New capabilities made available seamlessly through automatic global releases without disrupting operations and costly upgrades.