The company will use Demandware to launch new Web and mobile commerce sites for its key banners: Browns, B2 and Browns OUTLET, and to extend a unified brand experience from its brick-and-mortar stores across all digital commerce touch points.
Browns Shoes is replacing its legacy platform with Demandware because it enables a greater level of innovation and a better user empowerment, along with a reliable, secure and scalable operating environment for running its digital commerce operations. Browns Shoes selected Demandware for its a highly scalable platform for a multi-brand, multi-channel strategy, including:
- A central commerce platform for developing and managing multiple branded sites across channels and geographies, including Web, mobile and social, enabling a seamless brand experience regardless of channel
- Powerful commerce applications that empower a range of users, including merchandisers, marketers, developers, designers, operations, customer service and fulfillment teams
- New capabilities made available through automatic global releases
- A proven, world-class operating environment with industry-leading performance and up-time
- Built-in scalability to support intense processing loads, easily handling sudden spikes in traffic without compromising performance
- A business model based on partnership and complete economic alignment with clients