How important is this? Well, just listen to Shaun: "If you go to Amazon, you'll notice that on its mobile site, it's dominated by the search." Need we say more?
MORE on mCommerce
See also the following:
"Merchant Shares Experiences with Mobile-Optimized Site"
Assessing mCommerce Performance
J.C. Penney makes a massive mobile push for the holidays
Study Shows Mcommerce Customer Experience Needs Improvement (Multichannel Merchant writes that "The E-tailing Group's First Annual Mobile Commerce Mystery Shopping Study, conducted in the third quarter, shows that merchants are doing some things right with mobile – but the overall experience needs improvement." Search and Gift-giving were major weaknesses.)
Journeys Shares Lessons Learned from Mobile Launch The highlights:
- An order-by-phone link is important in m-commerce
- mobile can be used to enhance the in-store experience
- SMS works for an immediate call-to-action
- Geo-social programs can drive store traffic
- 23% of Journeys customers own a smart phone, so for this retailer, it makes sense to have a WAP-based mobile browser instead of apps